Monday, July 7, 2008

Ou est le bibliotheque?












While reading Cosmo today in my ant infested dorm room, I learned some very, very useful informations. And yes, informationS, because I learned a plural of things. For example, in the article “7 things you think will make you happy…but won’t,” Sonia Lyubomirsky. PhD shared this useful fact with Cosmo readers, “happy people are more likely to be in long-term relationships and are better liked than unhappy folks” Like, NO SHIT! I don’t think you need a fucking PhD and a ridiculous last name to pull that one out of your ass. God, I could have told you that and I barely have a useless undergrad degree. Happier people are better liked? Really? Because I was under the impression that I should be extremely surly and depressed around people and they’ll immediately gravitate towards me and want to hear me bitch and complain about my sad pathetic life. I should probably try that out here, since at this current moment my friend list is a big fat zero*. Except for maybe the woman in the bakery where I bought the most wonderful tomato bocconcini panini today. It had panini bread with black olives baked into it! Jesus, it was like heaven in wheat form.

I guess you want to hear more about Montreal, and less about the interesting and ridiculous things Cosmo has to offer. Well, Montreal is good. It’s only been two days, and I’ve not yet started my classes, so I’m hoping that’s where I’ll meet some interesting folks. I’ve had a few measly conversations with a few people. One was a French boy who could barely understand me, and I could barely understand him. After everything he said in French I’d give him this unsure look, and then he’d attempt it back to me in English. Needless to say our conversation was a touch awkward**. I’ve also just realized that I don’t really know how to approach people. I’m generally just introduced to people, and then we become friends. It’s a weird concept this ‘making random friends’ shit. I wonder too, if after I make a friend, do we have to wait a little bit until we start hanging out all the time, or do we just dive right in because we’re on time constraints. Fuck, I don’t know, apparently I’m more socially inept than I once thought.

*I now have like 6 new friends! Go me! Last night after I wrote this self-deprecating blog, there was a mysterious knock at my door…and guess who it was…
**random French boy that lives on my floor. He was there to invite me to a floor party that he had planned. So I went to the floor party and I made friends, and had good times and frankly, I’m not as socially inept as I once thought.

I composed a poem to express my joy via rhymes...

Shit is good, friends I did meet.
Montreal is sweet.
I have blisters on the feet.
Let's compete.
I wear deet.
MEAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey did my sweet lil sis use the F bomb like four times in these writings??...
Great stuff Hun - as always. Keep it up - I'm looking forward to the best seller, if the people you mock don't shoot you before then...good thing we may be related to the mafia somehow. Suggestion: leave names out! Anyways - I love the way you write, glad you see your passions early and you are putting them to great use! Tone down those F bombs though - they don't look good on that beautiful face.
luv me.