Sunday, August 31, 2008

This just isn't going to work out.

Summer’s almost over, and you can’t even believe how unhappy this makes me. I start school again on Tuesday, and that not only saddens me, but terrifies me, because in a mere 4 months, I will be what is know as a “graduate.” Eww! This is the point in your life when people start saying shit like “welcome to the real world” or “what are you going to do now that you’re in the real world.” You know what, screw you! AND your real world!

Anyways...A little while ago I was talking with my sister on the phone, and she was trying to tell me that I use far too many swear words in my blog. I told her that they were just there for emphasis, and not to make me sound like a potty mouth. You know, like instead of just saying “he was a douche bag” you say “he was a fucking douche bag” – it makes the individual sound that much more foul. Now, my sister is very much one of those “optimistic” “glass half full” “let’s be positive about things” type of person, so she suggested that I write an optimistic blog about things that I actually like, instead of constantly talking about shit…I mean…stuff I hate. So this one’s for my sister. And if it sucks balls...I mean...if it disappoints you, blame her and her awesome attitude!

After staring at the computer screen for a short while, and forcing myself to not write about the douche bags at the Oasis concert, I’ve decided to just write down a list of some things that I actually like...some I might even dare say I love. This is just to prove that I actually have positive feelings toward things, and people. But after this, I’m back to my regularly scheduled societal bashing.

Item #1

Pictures of pretty houses. Apartments that make you want to become all artsy and hipster and “escape to Paris and fall in love.” That phrase would never come out of my mouth though, because I hate Paris. Oh man...this whole optimistic thing is already proving to be challenging. Anyways. I like homes with chandeliers. Oh, and cute bikes...



















Item #2


Sex and the City. I’ve decided to devote much of my spare time to watching the entire series. It’s pretty much amazing. And, because everyone always likes to decide which character they most resemble…I’m Miranda…bitter and sarcastic, yet still funny, compassionate, and intelligent. We both also have long necks.











Item #3

Bread. My logic is fairly simple: carbs = love.

Item #4

Cute couples...


















Especially if they are over 70...












Item #5

Cute boys with nice beards.




I used the word “cute” far too much. I resent myself for that. I guess I’m still a girl though, and that gives me some kind of genetic urge to use awful words like “cute” “adorable” and “oh my goodness!"

Well, clearly I like more than 5 things. I like dogs too, and sushi, and my apartment, and orange juice, and notebooks, and mushrooms, and black and white movies...you know...but this isn’t a facebook profile...I was just trying to show you that I’m not just a crazy cynic... I like shit too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny. Well thank you for dedicating your blog to me, and for announcing that I have a pretty good attitude, which most don't think. I love you for that. I have no problem with you being critical or opinionated - in fact, it is what I love about you, learn from you and admire - you have things to say and YOU should say them. I only asked to every once in a while show that lovely, bubbly (ok maybe not bubbly) but that side that makes me laugh and smile whenever you are around. Not all the time, just now and then - just like this blog that made me smile on the things you like. But more than that - keep writing your opinionated/controversial blogs - cause I love those more.... just refrain from the 'fbomb' - it doesn't look perty on that glamorous face. Even if it has a Miranda neck. ;-)

Oh - and I know the fact you Fbomb is my fault. I KNOW!

Anonymous said...

Aw, i enjoy the mix. A positive blog every now and then is a good thing.
Also, don't forget how much we love baby grand pianos in size-appropriate apartments!
Also, i'm so glad we're Miranda's together. That picture you have makes it look like Carrie, Samantha and Charolette are all laughing at Miranda's huge neck.
Also, that is all.

Anonymous said...

that 'cute couple' picture is so adorable. The chucks make it even better.

I came across your blog the other day and I'm really enjoying it! The reason I'm commenting though is that I work for Matchstick, a word of mouth marketing company in Toronto, and for my current program I'm selecting young, hip female bloggers to sample a new perfume -- it's not even available in stores yet. If you'd be interested, there is a short qualifying survey and then I can send you a sample to get your opinion. From reading your blog, I think you'd be a perfect fit! You can reach me at grace@matchstick.ca if you're interested -- I hope to hear from you!

cheers,
grace

PS good luck with the clean language!