Saturday, December 22, 2007

Na na na na na hey hey, carry me away.

I was bored again at work today. What a fucking surprise. You know all those stats that study office workers and find out how much time they waste on the internet? Well I’m presumably on the very end of that bell curve, because I literally spend 9 out of the 10.5 hours I work on the internet...doing nothing. The best part though is the fact that it is what I’m suppose to do. I'm paid to sit here, look nice, say hello, and fuck around on the internet. All. Day. Long. Today though, I ventured beyond my usual blogs and frivolous searching; I decided to read a book. I managed to read all of Into the Wild, which was riveting until the author decided to become all self involved and devote a few chapters to his own unscrupulous journey in Alaska. No one cares though, because clearly you didn’t die, which makes your story less tragic, and therefore, just boring.

Then I watched Gossip Girl, and let me tell you, it made me ten fold more excited for New York! Jesus. I can't stress enough how amazing teen dramas are. They suck you in and take this hold over you to which you’re unable to relinquish. This then lead me to start thinking about forgotten 90's teen sitcoms.

Exhibit A. Breaker High.



This was one of my favourite shows as a youngster. I remember they re-aired all the episodes one summer, I think I may have still been in high school, but ever night at 11 I’d turn on YTV and re-live the brilliance. You don’t know how often I dreamed about being on a cruise ship for high school. I’m just certain Ryan Gosling would have gone no where without this show.

Exhibit B. Student Bodies.



Kooky drawings and newsroom antics. Nothing else needs to be said.

Exhibit C. Hang Time.



I hope I'm not the only one who remembers this show. It was on Sunday mornings. The girl was on the guys basketball team I believe. She was fly.

Exhibit C. City Guys.



A black guy, a white guy, and the ties that bond them. These two were always just traipsing around the city getting into all sorts of crazy shenanigans.

Exhibit D. Step by Step.



Suzanne fucking Somers.

Seriously, I can’t stress it enough, the 90’s were amazing! Between YTV and TGIF, I don’t think television has had a better moment in history.

No comments: