Friday, December 21, 2007

You're a part time lover and a full time friend.

There are a slew of movies I want to see, but alas, no one to see them with. I'm going to have to find a movie going friend, where we can solely be friends that attend movies together and then talk about them after. If anyone requires this kind of friendship, and would like to take me up on my offer to be your movie going friend, please contact me. Unless we've already attempted to be friends, and it didn't work out, then don't bother.

Maybe though, I’ll just end up going myself. The one thing I dislike about going to movies alone though is my sob fests. I tend to cry whilst watching pretty much anything, even if it has a ridiculously happy ending, I’ll cry because I’m happy for the characters. I'm a real nut bag sometimes. For example, I watched stranger than fiction while in Vancouver, and that movie killed me, I cried through the whole thing, and even though the ending turned out happy, I still cried. The people I was watching it with were, luckily, my friends, so they didn’t judge me for my outburst, but I fear if a stranger saw me in the theatre, all alone in the corner drenched in my own tears, they'd think I’m a head case with emotional problems. Then they'll go and tell their friends and anyone who'll listen about the crazy girl at the theatre who wouldn't stop crying. Now, granted, my crying does sound a little nutty, but I’m sensitive! I have too much empathy for fictional characters. I just can't help it. Now I’m exaggerating when I say I cry at EVERY movie, cause it's usually about 1 in 3. With Dawson’s Creek episodes, it’s about 1 in 2.

Next, I want to see Juno.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you lived closer we could totally go to movies. Ask Felipe! Although I'm not sure he'd be good at discussing them.