Friday, October 24, 2008

OMG! TTYL! WTF! BBQ?! NO...HSM3!

This my friends is the day every 14-year-old girl has been dreaming about for the last 2 months...well, every 14 year old girl and myself...oh, and Jeff too. You might be asking what this occasion brings us? A new Jonas Brothers album? A new Barbie? A new Britney song? No, my friends, today is the opening of HSM3!! And for all of you that don’t get the lingo, that’s High School Musical 3!

WHO’S EXCITED!??!

I AM! I AM!

Ok, so before you start leaving nasty comments questioning my taste, let me give you some of the reason why I actually like High School Musical movies.

1) Zac fucking Efron.


















He’s a babe. A total friggin babe. Sure he looks like Malibu Ken, but he’s wholesome, AND HE SINGS! And I know what you’re thinking, “fuck Nicole, he’s like 15” – actually, you’re wrong! He just turned 21! Which means, he’s only a year younger than me…well a year and a bit I guess…so there!

2) It’s a musical! And more specifically, it’s Disney! Remember when Disney movies use to have really amazing songs that you’d sing all the time? I do! Gems like, “hakuna matata,” “ a whole new world,” “I’ll make a man out of you,” “be our guest,” “under the sea,” “PART OF YOUR WORLD” OMG!


Disney songs were amazing. Then they hit a decline…a recession one might call it…and they began to suck. This though turned around when, dare I say it, high school musical came out. Now, don’t get me wrong here, the songs from HSM will NEVER be on the level of the aforementioned songs. Disney simply cannot make masterpieces like they once could…but they’ve put in a solid effort; the songs are catchy, upbeat, and they linger in your head long after you’ve seen the film.

3) I can’t really think of another reason, but I will tell you this: the movies are incredibly cheesy and over the top, but I get a bizarre enjoyment out of movies that target prepubescent females. I just can’t help it! And I won’t apologize for it!


Also, remember when I was having that dilemma with the whole “boom-bust,” “recessesion-idontknow” thing…well after wikipediaing it for a solid 15 minutes, I couldn’t find anything. They just kept calling the opposite of bust, or recession, a boom! I swear to everything holy that there was another name for a boom. One article called it “recovery or prosperity” – but that just doesn’t seem right. You know what the worst part is? I totally got an A in first year econ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad this is the song you chose to youtube onto your blog. "Remember when Disney movies use to have really amazing songs that you’d sing all the time?" Yeah i do, and yeah, i did.

Anonymous said...

omg i lov zac efron n hsm 1 2 3
fuck yah i m goin see hsm3 wit my bff miki,samantha,lan wtf ian a boy haha w/e yah i kant wait 2 see what song they came up wit thiz time =) my fav song from hsm1 iz Stick To The Status Quo hsm2 bet on it,n everyday {: hsm3 i didnt see it yet but i here lot of song on youtube n now or never,scream,n i want it all :)