Thursday, November 22, 2007

If I am lost for a day... try to find me.

Sometimes I like to look for jobs on the internet. Usually I'll go on craigslist and search through random cities and see what kind of jobs I could aquire if I say, moved to Milan, Auckland or even Budapest. I think I do it not because I'd ever want to be a sous chef in Amsterdam or a custodian in Barcelona, but because I want to know that if ever life here gets depressingly unbearable, I can pack up and leave and find a means of providing for myself in somewhere far far away.

So today I found what might be the single best job description ever: Freelance Blogger. Are you for serious? That has got to be the best occupation ever! And you want to know what they were asking you to write about... your travels. This company paid you to travel around Australia and blog about it. That’s it. You didn't even require any previous blogging experience; you just needed to have engaging, informative writing, and who can’t do that!? What a fucking slice! I'm no long aspiring to be nothing; I'm going to aspire to be a freelance blogger!

No comments: